Introducing our Roller Shutter Cleaning Services.
Our Shutter Cleaning Service is available to clean inside and out of your window roller shutters. Most roller shutters are used for shop and commercial property, but some customers have them for other reasons. Holiday homes, hotel car parks, entrances.
Looking after Your Roller Shutters
Commercial roller shutters are a perfect way of safeguarding your premises, providing a secure door that protects your goods or premises from would-be intruders. However, you need to look after your roller shutters to make sure they don’t become damaged and weak, so they can continue to protect your business for as long as possible.
Some basic checks – Look for any damage or weakness that could jeopardise the safety of you or anyone else. Plus always do regular checks making sure there is no major damage or weakness that could mean your premises are at risk from a break in.
Always look for signs of attempted forced entry, general wear and tear or faults with the safety mechanism and how the rollers operate. Are they working normally or are they getting stuck. If you aren’t sure what you’re looking for or are concerned you have spotted damage contact a professional roller shutter service company or the company you brought them from.
Keep them Clean
Leaving your roller shutter to collect dirt or debris can hinder the performance of the shutter. This can cause the shutter to run slowly or make jerky movements and sometimes block the door from closing properly. To prevent this from happening look after your roller shutters and have them cleaned every 3 months or at the max 6 months.
You can clean the shutter yourself if you have the right tools and take care to do a good job and not make things worse.
- Use a stiff bristled brush to clear the ventilation holes and tracks
- Hose down the shutter
- Use a sponge and a solution of warm water & soap to wash away any grime
- Use an absorbent cloth to wipe everything the roller shutter dry
- Do not attempt to use abrasive cleaners or steel wool ( scrubbing brushes or scrapers on your shutters can damage the surface)
- Use a lubricant on the rollers, guide rails and bearings to allow the rolling mechanisms to work smoothly and prevent them from rusting
- When using a hand-operated roller shutter, operate the door carefully
- Don’t allow the roller door to slam against the ground as this can cause screws to loosen or the mechanisms to snap
- With electric roller doors, avoid handling the remote roughly or you may cause damage to the buttons
- If the roller shutter door becomes damaged, ensure you have it repaired as soon as you can
- A small fault will get worse over time
What are you waiting for?
Have your roller shutters cleaned by the professionals today. We’re just a Call Away and you can take it EASY, while we do the hard work for you.
Our shutter cleaning services cover Burnley, Blackburn, Accrington, Clitheroe, Whalley, Gisburn, Padiham, Rossendale, Hebden Bridge, Brockhall Village, Skipton, Todmorden, Great Harwood, Darwen and the surrounding areas.
If you don’t see your location and its in the Lancashire area GIVE US A CALL:07940575999